If you’re a student with a horticulture major (or related field), are personable, earn good grades, manage lots of different activities and are seen as a leader in your extracurricular activities, we want to talk to you! It’s a proven fact that internships provide a learning experience like no other and give you a jump start on your career. We offer a 10 week long internship program that is designed to get your feet wet in all the areas of a landscaping company.
This program is not a “work you to death behind a mower program” for a paycheck. LUSA is serious about training our next generation of leaders. While our tier 1 program does get you in the field an average of 2.5 days a week, that experience includes a variety of tasks learning all areas of production- NOT just labor. The rest of your week is spending time with the management team to learn that part of our business. If you have completed an internship with us or have experience in landscaping field work already, we also offer a tier 2 program with a greater emphasis on the management aspects of landscaping.
Because this is a REAL management training program, LUSA will only accept individuals who would be considered for full time management positions upon graduation. We are serious about finding the right individuals and getting them trained, and hopefully hired after graduation.
You’ll gain experience in the following:
- Landscape maintenance management and production
- Landscape enhancement management and production
- Irrigation management and production
- Safety programs
- Client service programs
- Accounting and forecasting
- Leadership practices
- Equipment maintenance
- Human Resources Estimating
The daily schedule will be discussed at the time the interns that are chosen.
If you would like to apply for one of our internships, please submit your resume, cover letter and contact information to: email@example.com.
Deadline to be considered for Summer Internships is April 1st.
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- College Station, TX
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Denver, CO
- Houston, TX
- Jacksonville, FL
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Orlando, FL
- Nashville, TN
- Phoenix, AZ
- San Diego, CA
- Candidates must be enrolled in a horticulture related 2 or 4 year program and have completed at least two years (full-time) of school.
- Students must earn good grades and be involved in a number of extracurricular activities.
- All candidates must have a resume of qualifications.
- Students must have a valid driver’s license.
- Students must provide their own housing. (We can help facilitate.)
- Must be personable and presentable
The internship is open to all students entering their Junior or Senior year in horticulture or related degrees. Combination majors in horticulture and landscape design are a plus!
Length: 10 weeks (May-August)
Hours per week: 50 hours- This will be viewed as a full time job
Weekly pay: TBD